Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My First Cake!

So I am not a domestic goddess...that's putting it lightly. However, last night I decided that I just could not take one more meal from a drive-thru. I went to the grocery store...somewhere I rarely venture to...unless I am shopping for food for my latest diet. I cooked beef and cheese enchilada soup and a strawberry swirl cake. I ate two slices last night...so today I am taking it to my parents house...so that I can save myself from the five pounds that would come along with keeping at my house. I have made cupcakes before, but this was first attempt at a cake. Anthony gave me a Kitchen Aid mixer...I'm thinking in hope of inspiring me to at least try to cook! He has also given me Calphalon cookware and a chopper...I think he is certainly hinting a little strongly. Here is a picture below of the cake.



It's not pretty, but it sure is good!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Taste is all that matters. What good is a pretty cake that tastes bad? Good job!

brookeisacrazylady said...

its totally pretty. i would come get a piece right now!

Anonymous said...

How did the beef and enchilada soup turn out? Is it the one from Christmas village? Your cake is very pretty!