Monday, July 7, 2008

Not exactly my plan, but that's okay!

Things don't always happen that way you want (or plan) them to, but they always work out the way God has planned. A lot has happened in my life in the last week that has challenged me in more ways than one. I have never thought of myself as a doubter, but I have come to realize that I put way to much faith in myself and not enough in God. I am a bit of a control freak and believe that I can control pretty much every area of my life. Sometimes God has to step in and remind us who is in control.

God guides us, keeps us, and comforts us and we love it...until we feel better. When we feel better we go back to "business as usual." Sometimes obstacles are put in our way to make a stronger...not just emotionally or physically ,but spiritually. After a very stressful week, I decided that I needed some spirtual food of a different variety to get me through the next week. God answers prayers...the message he sent through the preacher seemed as if he sent it just for me. That is what is so amazing...God is able to make us all feel like he is speaking to us alone...he makes us feel special. It is time that I spend more time treating my relationship with him as "special" as I should...it is the most important relationship I will ever have. As a new week begins I'm grateful to the Lord for what he has done and will continue to do...even if it means I have to endure for just a little while longer.

Proverbs 3: 5-7

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil

No comments: