Wednesday, December 8, 2010

First Week Home

My wonderful mother came to stay with us for a week when Austin was born. I don't know what I would have done without her. Anthony was wonderful, but he had to go back to work. I knew having a baby would be a lot of work, but I had NO clue how much work. Of course, Austin woke up every 2.5 hours of so. After his second feeding of the night, I would take him to my mom for remainder of the night. She would also take care of him during the day between feedings.
Anthony's dad, brother, nephew, aunt, and cousins came to visit the first week we were home. My dad, brother, and sister visted as well. The first week is a blur. Mainly what I remember is how emotional I was. Nobody warned me about the horrible effect that childbirth would have on my hormones. My emotions were all over the place and I cried frequently. When my mother left I cried for hours. Anthony was patient with me as I spent most of my time crying and googling "postpartum depression." After two weeks or so I was feeling much better!

Austin lost a little weight in the hospital, but he was back up to his birth weight in about a week. He is certainly a growing boy now.
Below are pictures from his first week home.







1 comment:

brookeisacrazylady said...

Amy! He is so precious. super congrats. Welcome to the club. way to go. And Austin is my son's favorite name in the world.