Thursday, October 1, 2009

Where do I begin?

A lot has happened in my life since my last post on August 1st. I'm not quite sure where to begin with this post. Let's start with the bad news.

On September 1st my grandmother passed away. It all happened very quickly. She was taken to the hospital on August 31st around 11 p.m. and died at 3 p.m. on the 1st. My grandmother was a wonderful lady (I still find it very hard to refer to her in the past tense). She was smart, pretty, loving, strong and determined. It has been really hard losing her. We were very close and I miss her dearly. It's hard to believe that I can't just drop by to see her or call her just to say "hello." The small things have been the hardest. We both were fans of Dancing With the Stars. When it premiered this season I just couldn't stand to watch. Usually, one of us would call after every show just to talk about the dances...who we liked, who we didn't like and usually my grandmother would talk about how "inappropriate" the outfits or dances were. My grandmother was ALWAYS a lady! The only peace I can find in this situation is that she lived a wonderful life. She lived long enough to see her chidren and some grandchildren grow up! She had a fabulous career and traveled after retirement. She was able to dedicate time to the causes that she believed in. She LIVED life! I am especially (selfishly) thankful that my grandmother was at my wedding. I was able to share the planning (frustration) with her and the tremendous joy with her! I will ALWAYS miss her, but I cannot even begin to explain how thankful I am to have been able to spend so many years with her.


Grandma and me on my wedding day- April 18th.

Okay, on to some happier news. I got a new job! I am working at Auburn University and I love it. Auburn has always been so special to me and now I get paid to go there every day. I must admit that I am just a little bit tickled that my Alabama Alum husband now resides in Auburn too!

I had been on the hunt for a job for a LONG time. The day my grandmother passed away, I got a call from Auburn with an offer. Some may say that this was a coincidence, but I don't buy it. This was God. I kept wondering why it was taking me so long to find something in the Montgomery/Auburn area. As it turns out God had other plans. He wanted to me to be in Dothan with my grandmother (for both of our sake) until he was ready to separate us. Thank you Lord!


God Bless and War Eagle!!!

1 comment:

Alicia Banks said...

Amy, I just read your post and it brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy that you love your new job! I will still always say "ROLL TIDE!" I pray for you and your family as you cope with the passing of your grandmother. I am always here if you need me!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11