Thursday, June 5, 2008

You want to do what?????

So I went to the dentist yesterday for a very non-threatening teeth cleaning. After a few minutes of cleaning I heard the hygenist say "huh"...I didn't think much of it. I just thought she had discovered that I wasn't flossing...as usual. Later the doctor came in to "take a look" and I found out that they want me to have my wisdom tooth extracted by an oral surgeon. I didn't know that any of my wisdom teeth had ever grown in!

My philosophy about medical procedures has always been "if it ain't bothering me than I shouldn't bother it." I had all but decided that I wasn't going to subject myself to any "unnecessary" pain until....everyone said I should have it done. My mother is the only one who isn't convinced....I just think that is because she knows I am a horrible patient and she will have to be the one taking care of me! So for now I have agreed to schedule a consultation...I'm not making any promises that it will go any further than that.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Go see Dr. Bess. He did all of my sisters. I was lucky. All of mine came in fine, and I had plenty of room thanks to my orthodontist. So I get to keep them. Whatever you do, DON'T let Dr. Schmidtke do it. A friend of mine's sister let him do hers, and he cut all the way into her sinus cavity.

Amy said...

OMG! Dr. Schmidtke is who my dentist recommended...I am definately going to have to see if I can get an appointment with somebody else. Thanks for the info.