Monday, March 17, 2008

Random Monday Morning Thoughts

#1 I really want a Wii

This is really random for me because I have always been against adults playing video games. I completely rag all of my friends who play games. Video games are for children...right....until I played a Wii. I am absolutely awesome at the bowling and I could really get into the boxing, golf and baseball. Plus I am sore today. I played yesterday and I really hurt today...this isn't supposed to happen considering the fact that I workout 3 or 4 times a week...(okay so my "workout" isn't very strenuous and is really only walking of the treadmill, but it's something). So I called Anthony yesterday to see what he thought about me buying a Wii...he was all for it...of course he was...he kinda likes video games. I rationalized my desire to buy one by saying that it is certainly better than sitting on the couch watching tv...plus it's a good workout...it's not really a video game is it!? I'm going to hold off a week or two, but if I still want one...I'm buying it!

#2 I don't know what I want so don't ask me

These are the beginning lyrics of a Taylor Swift song...this is certainly not how I feel...especially concerning our wedding. I know exactly what I want...I've been planning this wedding my whole life...affording what I want is a different story. Weddings are expensive!!!

#3 Cut the list

Anthony and I thought it would be "fun" to make a guest list...just to see how many people we might invite. After 326 people we stopped...the "fun" was gone. 326 people...and that wasn't everyone. I actually started asking myself....do I like him/her enough to feed them???? That's awful I know, but man I only wanted to invite about 250. After some discussion we have it down to 275...but we realized we will have to add some people. We have put the list on hold....for now.

#4 My apartment is too small

I knew it was tiny, but lately I'm feeling a little claustrophobic. I don't spend a lot of time there and it's really inexpensive, but I need some space!

Okay, enough of my rambling....have a great week!

2 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

I love Wii. We are not owners yet though. Tennis makes me sore. Glad I'm not alone.

Heather said...

I've never played a Wii, but it sounds fun. My uncle and his wife bought one, and they are in their late 50s. They said it is so much fun. Too bad they don't live here, or I could go play theirs.

I've never planned a wedding, but I've heard about people spending so much money, they could've bought a house. That's a little extreme to me.