Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A House Divided


The seen outside my house on Saturday!

Most of you know that I graduated from Auburn and that Anthony graduated from Alabama. This usually isn't a problem...except on Saturdays. This weekend we both decked our cars out in the gear of our teams of choice. I put on an Auburn t-shirt and he put on his Bama shirt and we went to lunch. I guess we are so used to it that we didn't think of how odd this would look to other people. When we walked into the restaurant an older guys said "Do you guys fight much?" At first I thought what?...why would you ask that? Then it occured to me what he was referring to...I quickly answered "only during football season!" We had several comments like that throughout the day. I guess life will be interesting..having a "house divided" and all!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I saw my former pediatrician and his wife at a restaurant, and one of them had on and Auburn sweater and the other had on an Alabama sweater. I thought it was funny. There are alot of families like that. I've seen license plates that people put on the front of cars that were half and half. I guess they sometimes drive the other's vehicle and want their team represented too.

Anonymous said...

I say that you conform to your first college choice and pull for Alabama. Roll Tide! (Maybe I'll get you an Alabama shirt for your bridal shower! LOL) :)